Thursday 18 September 2008

Me - After

First night out......This is me with my Sister Emily, shortly after I started to feel fine again. Emily has been my strength and motivation. Em always keeps the light shining for me at the end of the tunnel and has always been there for me on my darkest of days. I am so glad she was there with me on the day I finally felt myself again. I love her very very much.




















This is me and my nephew Callum. He was so strong and gave me lots of cuddles whilst I was poorly. He travelled a very long way to visit me in hospital, only to be told he was too young to come into the ward. Well, I wasn't having that, so I managed to walk to the end of the ward and meet up with him for one of his special big cuddles. Callum's cuddles are better than any medicine.
My muscle definition is very obvious here and has been due to the Protein Drinks (FRESUBIN energy drink) I take to help build me back up again. They are like a milk shake and come in all varieties of flavours, my favorite being Banana, Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate but you can get Cappuccino, Lemon (Yuk!), Blackcurrant (Even Yukkier!) Tropical Fruits (Disgustingly Yuk!) . They have most certainly helped me and I highly recommend that you ask your doctor about these if you need to gain back your pre-op weight. I am now 8 stone 3 pounds....slightly heavier than my pre-op weight...what an achievement it has been getting back up from 5 and a half stone!


My Hair is also growing back slowly but surely.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, my name is Barbara, i'm spanish more than a year ago i had a car accident and i had to be more than 9months in hospital. As a consecuence i've got several stomas, open abdomen have to be feed with parentheral food... I Read you story and felt so much identified... This is my email cruz_oliva_barbara@hotmail.com it would be lovely if we could mail each other and help going trough all of this. Thanks a lot for your blog.

Rachel said...

Hello Barbara and Thankyou for sharing your experience with me. I am so sorry to hear of your experience. I will most definately email you and assure you that I am always here to help as much as I possibly can. I am due back into hospital next week for my reversal operation. I will be in there for possibly 2 weeks so I wont be able to communicate at that time but will catch up on all my emails and update my blog with the next stage of my journey, once I am back home. Kindest Regards Rachel x