Thursday 18 September 2008

Scar






My scar is pretty awful, I know. Thankfully, it will be rectified though during my reversal operation. It did take quite a while to heal as it was always leaking with infection. At one stage, I had a colostomy bag attached to the lower part of the wound, as this saved the nurses changing the dressings constantly. It is quite a deep scar too which makes it even more unsightly. I have what seems like a canyon running down the centre of my tummy! The scar really should have just been a nice little line, as you may see around my belly button. This part of the scar was left alone and has healed very nicely....as scars go!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Your scar isn't that unsightly. I just had a colostomy reversal done on December 15,2009. The scar is just so open and raw looking. It has to be more than a half inch wide and three quarters of an inch deep and its oozing some infection.

Rachel said...

Hello and thankyou for emailing. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Are you ok now? Please let me know how you are. If you would prefer to email me personally feel free to at rachelebruce@btopenworld.com

I hope you are lots better. xx