Thursday 18 September 2008

Flashbacks

When you experience trauma like I did, Flashbacks are apparently pretty common practice. I continue to have them to this day, although not as frequently. I have been put on Anti-Depressants (Citalopram 10mg). I have been on these a couple of months now and they along with the counselling I have every two weeks, seem to be helping. I have quite morbid thoughts like, what if I had died which is preceded with a vision of my gravestone! Not very nice at all. I also have flashbacks of my time in hospital, some incidents of which were very traumatic. I am sure that these memories will stay with me for my life-time but I am hoping that in time I will be able to control and deal with them alot better than I do now. I really was against Anti-Depressants and Counselling. I felt that I would be giving in if you like, but it did become apparent due to my constant emotional state that this was the obvious way forward. I am hoping that it will not be long term. I just needed a little help with dealing with everything. I do feel slightly more at peace with things although its certainly not a miracle cure. I hope to be on the tablets for just 6 months but I will leave that up to the professionals to let me know when I am ready to break free of them. (I hate bloody tablets!!!)

No comments: