Friday 19 September 2008

Wound Opened - Bile


Colostomy. This is another picture of my Wound when opened. You can also see 'Beanie' covered with a Clear Hospital Colostomy bag. These bags are awful but necessary. They are clear so that the nurses and doctors can keep an eye on what is being produced. You can see here that the contents are Green. This is because at this stage all I was producing was Bile and Infection. I was 'Nil by Mouth' so no food was being digested. I had a terrible time with the Bile. I was projectiling the stuff every 15 minutes. I had to request a stomach drain at one stage. This is where they put tubes down your nose and the infection/bile then comes up through that and into a bag. The nurses can then measure the amount you are producing. I pulled these out one night in my sleep and decided not to have that procedure done again as its not at all nice.

No comments: