Thursday 18 September 2008

Councilling

Well, following my constant flashbacks and night and day terrors, my doctor decided that I should have councilling to help me through. I was also put on to anti-depressents. Councilling was not something I really wanted or so I thought. I felt that I should have been able to cope as I had fought so well and wanted to continue but it became apparent that I did need some help. I go every two weeks to sit with a councillor for one hour each session. Due to being pretty anti councilling in the beginning, I didnt feel it was helping me but as the sessions progressed I found it at times a great help. It has allowed me to open up, to poor out my grief and worries and to face reality as it is now. I am still to this day receiving this help and will do so until it becomes apparent that I no longer need it. Again, its not a miracle cure. To be honest after the first few sessions, I felt worse but it does get easier. I am by no means over this. Every day brings suprises both good and bad, so I will persevere and see where it takes me.

No comments: